Death and life are in the power of the tongue (Prov. 18:21)
What separates us from the animals? Words. Words are an expression of the spirit of man. All men are spiritual beings who can reason, choose and speak words that can kill or make alive.
The power of words is an awesome power. Words are the most powerful force in the universe. God created all that exists by words. All things are held together by the word of His power. He has given us the power of words in order to reign in life.
Lives are shaped and formed by words. Many of us have been hurt by words. We have hurt others with words. Words affect matter, but they also affect emotions and feelings.
I believe that many sicknesses are ‘word induced.’ Decades of negative speaking, fear, bitterness, hate, etc., can accumulate and manifest as a sickness or disease.
Words impact our lives whether they were spoken by us or to us. Parents do terrible damage to their children by speaking negative words over them or in front of them.
Wars begin with words. Marriages begin with words. Divorces begin with words. Great visions and faith are expressed with words, as are fears, doubts and unbelief.
Words can be the power of His life that sets you free, heals you and gives you the resources to fulfill your purpose. How can you use words for good?
1. You can live an abundant life (your present). (Prov. 18:20)
2. You can bring forth good things (your future). (Matt. 12:35)
3. You can agree with others and multiply faith power. (Matt. 18:19)
4. You can speak to the obstacles in your life and they must obey you. (Mk. 11:23)
5. You can talk to God in faith. (Mk. 11:24)
6. You can bless others. (Heb. 7:7)
7. You can minister to others and your words are God’s words! (1 Thess. 2:13)